UV Connections is a living-learning program, designed to assist first-year, full-time
students successfully transition into college life at Georgia Regents University.
The program provides a supportive network for students to adjust to the university's
academic, social, and cultural environment.
All first-year, full-time students who live at University Village are required to
participate in the University Village Connections program. The UV Connections program
requires first-year, full-time students to enroll in UNIV 1000 and participate in
Retreat Week. UV Connections students live together in University Village, have an immediate support
group with assigned mentors, participate in study sessions, attend campus social and
athletic events, and are a part of an environment that helps students connect with
their peers and share experiences with other first-year students.
The mission of the UV Connections program at Georgia Regents University is to academically
prepare our freshman students to become active participants in both their own future
and the future of our community, state, region, and nation by:
- increasing academic excellence by providing academic advising and tutoring
- equipping our students with the tools and skills necessary to navigate an ever-changing world
- shaping students into tomorrow's leaders through intellectual, emotional, and social development
- ensuring a diverse learning community where all ideas, beliefs, and opinions are respected
- fostering an active residential community with a variety of programming and activities
We will achieve these goals by:
- requiring students to enroll in UNIV 1000 their first semester
- tutoring for common core requirements
- monthly professional development seminars and social activities
- attendance at important university events
- referral to resources such as counseling or career centers, and the math and learning labs
The transition from high school to college often presents students with experiences and challenges they have never faced before. Even the best students sometimes have trouble adjusting to the academic rigors and social life of their freshmen year.
We created UV Connections to help ease this transition and ensure our students succeed at Georgia Regents University!
What Our Students Are Saying
“University Village has become my home away from home. I’ve met some great friends and been provided a lot of opportunities for fun but also growth during my first year of college. I couldn’t ask for a better living experience!” –Matthew Allums
“When I came to college, I was nervous about meeting people and fitting in. But UV Connections really helped me find my place on campus. The fun events have been a great way to meet new people and hang out with old friends.” –Tevin Williams
“Not only has UV Connections helped me meet new people but it has also made me a more responsible student. Having tutors for two of my classes has really helped me understand my class material and made studying for my tests so much easier.” –Shantelle Brown
We want to connect with you—come connect with us!UV Connections 706-729-2174 email@example.com www.gru.edu/uvconnections