Jaguar Nation Welcome
Welcome to Georgia Regents University! We're looking forward to meeting and helping you find your place here at GRU.
Your Jaguar Nation Welcome program has been designed to prepare new students for college life at GRU. Students and family members alike will attend programs with an academic focus as well as programs that will expose everyone to the many student services available on campus. We encourage students to take full advantage of all the programs offered so that you can begin your individual journey with questions answered and full of knowledge about GRU.
Each new student is required to attend a Jaguar Nation Welcome, orientation session!
We urge all students to register online for a Jaguar Nation Welcome session as soon as possible. Each student will be charged a $40.00 Orientation Fee upon registering. To determine which date is best suited for you as a new student, please go to the section of the website that serves your student type:
- Freshman are defined as first time college attendees.
- Transfers are defined as students transferring from another institution to GRU.
- Non-Traditional Students are defined as students 24 years of age or older and will attend Transfer Orientation.
- Transient or Post-Baccalaureates are students that may not be taking a full course load and have a separate process.
- Continuing/Returning are students that have been away from GRU for three or more continuous semesters without any additional courses in between. You have a separate process.
Each student must have registered for a spot at orientation. Please make sure to register any individuals attending with you at the time of registration. If you have any trouble registering, please contact Student Life & Engagement at 706-737-1610 or email us at email@example.com.
Parents and family members, take a look at some past testimonials to get ready for your experience as your student starts their own journey in the Jaguar Nation!
You may experience some new terminology throughout the Jaguar Nation Welcome website, so please visit Glossary of College Terms to assist you through this process.
Hope Scholarship Program Changes
|Orientation Price Breakdown|
|1 Day Program (Student)||
1 Day Program (Guest)
2 Day Program (Student)
2 Day Program (Guest)
Overnight in University Housing (Student)
Children 12 & Under