Mask Fit Testing
Purpose of fit testing: Proper fit of an approved particulate filter surgical mask is essential to reducing your exposure to blood and body fluids as well as airborne microorganisms. Fit testing may be required by your school prior to beginning clinical rotations.
Mask information: Student Health uses the Kimberly-Clark Tecnol PFR95 N95 particulate surgical mask for fit testing. This mask is NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) approved as an N95 particulate respirator and meets the CDC guidelines for TB exposure control. It is the mask used by MCG Hospital and Clinics.
Cost for fit testing: $10.00 (This will be charged to your POUNCE account).
Contraindications to fit testing:
- Facial hair, which will interfere with a successful fit test. Guys must be clean shaven prior to fit testing.
- Chewing gum or eating just before or during fit testing.
- A history of pulmonary or cardiac medical condition that may interfere with respirator use (check with your physician).
Fit test appointments:
Fit testing cannot be done on a walk-in basis and must be scheduled in advance. Student Health offers 2 fit testing sessions per month. To schedule, please callto reserve your space during one of these sessions. Only 10 students per session are allowed.
Your school may arrange a group fit testing for your class. Please inquire within your school administration office for more information.
Once your fit testing has been scheduled, please print out the attached form below and bring it with you to your fit testing session. Have the following information completed:
- Your name, date of birth and school;
- Answers to questions 1-14.
Questions?Please call or email Student Health or email@example.com
- It’s more than opinion: The Sand Hills String Band stands a cut above other local ensembles for a number of reasons.
- Georgia Regents University (GRU) was well represented at Monday's Rotary Club of Augusta meeting.
- A group of enterprising students is looking to recharter Pi Kappa Phi at Georgia Regents University.