Eligibility and Fees
ELIGIBILITY FOR SERVICES
All active GRU students are eligible for health center services.
FEES AND SERVICES
All students (except on-line students) are charged a student health fee each semester. On-line students can pay the semester fee at the Business Office.
The fees are as follows:
- Spring Semester 2014 - $90.00
- Summer Semester 2014 - $90.00
- Fall Semester 2014 - $100.00
Our staff of providers includes Physicians, Physician Assistants, a Clinical Nurse Practitioner and Counselors. The student health fee entitles you to all provider visits at no charge.
Additional fees are charged for medications, immunizations, laboratory services and physical therapy visits. For information on specific charges, please contact us at 706-721-3448.
If you are enrolled in the GRU student health insurance plan, we will file your charges to the plan. If any charges are denied by the plan, the balance owed will be placed on your POUNCE account.
We do not bill private insurance plans. If you have a private insurance plan, charges will be placed on your POUNCE account. We can provide you with an invoice to file the charges to your insurance plan. Our contracted lab will bill your insurance plan for any laboratory services performed.
- A class of drugs widely used to treat osteoporosis appears to impede a cell’s ability to repair its outer membrane.
- Dr. Walter Moore, Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University, has been elected a Master of the American College of Physicians.
- History major Abraham Wilson has won the 2014 undergraduate paper prize from The Americas Council of the University System of Georgia.