Welcome from President Ricardo Azziz
Welcome to Georgia Regents University on the Web. I invite you to explore these pages, visit our campuses, and Discover What’s Next for you at GRU.
You’ve come here at an exciting time in our history: GRU is an institution on the move. Join us—and set yourself on a trajectory of infinite possibilities.
We are one of Georgia’s four public broad-based research universities and the state’s only public Academic Health Center. In addition to serving as the state’s health sciences university, including Georgia’s only college of dental medicine and the nation’s 13th oldest medical school, we offer more than 100 programs across nine colleges and schools; in education, science and mathematics, arts and humanities, nursing, and the nationally ranked Hull College of Business.
We are a student-centered synergistic community of teachers, discoverers, and healers committed to advancing excellence in all we do: in education, scholarship, research, clinical care, athletics, and service to our community. With strengths in the liberal arts, the sciences, education, and business, we also offer nationally recognized distinctionin the biomedical sciences and health professions.
What do you want to do?
- Explore subjects ranging from Anthropology to Dentistry, from Public Administration to Kinesiology, from Education to Cellular Biology, from Musical Performance to Business Administration … wherever your interests lie.
- Earn degrees at the Associate, Baccalaureate, Master’s, Doctorate, and health professional levels.
- Collaborate with world-class faculty to conduct cutting-edge research in virtually any subject at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Access state-of-the-art clinical facilities across the health sciences spectrum.
- Join the storied Jaguar Nation, and choose from more than a dozen men’s and women’s intercollegiate and intramural sports.
- Fast track your medical career with our BS-to-MD or BS-to-DMD programs, or take advantage of the breadth of our programs offered through interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary tracks.
We are a university with a rich and distinguished history, established nearly 200 years ago when our nation and state were in their infancy. Located in beautiful Augusta, Georgia, on the banks of the historic Savannah River, we are at the center of a growing, thriving city with rich cultural and recreational opportunities. At the same time, our “hub-and-spoke” model of education delivery gives our students access to more than one thousand teaching sites across Georgia.
We offer our students forward-thinking programs, a collaborative and creative learning environment, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment from every member of our faculty and staff to ensure a world-class education and a range of experiences and opportunities that rival the very best our nation has to offer.
So explore, compare, ask questions… and join us in realizing our vision: to be a top-tier university that is a destination of choice for education, health care, discovery, creativity, and innovation.