The Web Team is part of the Office of Communications and Marketing. The primary responsibility of Web communications is to develop and maintain the university's website, www.gru.edu.
The Web Team also:
- Maintains, either in part or in whole, top-level university websites.
- Provides expertise with design and development of Web pages for GRU schools, departments and administrative offices.
- Performs research and analysis through usability testing, site reviews, Web traffic analysis and link trafficking.
- Explores new and changing Web-related technologies.
- Ensures user-friendly site architecture by providing consistent, intuitive navigational flow throughout the GRU website.
- Ensures accessibility compliance.
- Oversees and maintains Web-related policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Oversees the university’s social media presence and provides guidance and training for departments seeking to use social media.
- Markets and promotes the university through consistent branding, messaging and images on the GRU website.
- Provides resources and training for university web developers.
- The Web team provides training, support and tutorials for GRU web guidelines, OU Campus, social media, usability and accessibility.
Integrating ASU's ADP Self-Service, the GHSU Portal, and HI Intranet into a centralized resource.
Providing workshops and training sessions to develop and maintain content in OU Campus.
Moving users into the GRU calendar system and integrating events' feeds into departmental sites.
Creating accessible web forms for GRU departments.
Web publishers at Georgia Regents University are responsible for the content of pages they publish and are expected to abide by the highest standards of quality and responsibility. All publishers should comply with established institutional policies and Information Technology policies.