Other Travel Expenses
- Transportation cost include: gasoline, public transportation, taxi, trains, and tolls
- Mileage Rate Update: Effective January 1, 2014
Tier 1 Rate: Automobile $0.56 per mile
Motorcycle $0.53 per mile
Aircraft $1.31 per mile
Tier 2 Rate: $0.235 per mile
- Air travel includes all airlines.
- Approved Travel Agent Contracts
- Car Rental Cost Comparison
Note: Car Rental cost Comparison is only required if round-trip mileage exceeds 400 miles. For round-trip mileage 400 miles or less, traveler has the option of driving their POV (Privately Owed Vehicle ) or renting a car.
- Request for Rental Car or GRU Vehicle
- Note: If a rental car or van is used within Georgia or outside Georgia, a Request for Rental Car or GHSU Vehicle form is required to be pre-approved through the travel office prior to travel.
- Mandatory Car Rental Statewide Contracts (Do not purchase additional insurance)
Hertz Corporation - Call 1-888-444-8500
Give Hertz your Corporate Discount Number (CDP) of: 2018740
Hertz does NOTdirect-bill to GRU. Rentals will be an expense reimbursement
Enterprise - Rental Code N54059(In State Only)
Enterprise and Hertz are the co-suppliers of the In-state car rental services - see Rental Rate Comparison
- Hertz is the supplier of Out-of-state car rental services - Hertz is the only supplier for out-of-state rentals - see Rate Index
Other Travel Expenses
- Miscellaneous cost includes baggage and other travel expense such as business needs; copying, data ports, etc
- Parking cost includes airport, hotel. venues, etc ( This will not cover Valet Parking, unless unavailable)
NOTICE:Effective January 23, 2007, U.S. Citizens and citizens of Canada, Mexico and Bermuda traveling by air between the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda are required to present a valid passport to enter (or re-enter) the United States.Passports are not a reimbursable expense for GHSU employees. Please check your passport for accuracy before booking your travel plans, as emergency passports have cost individuals approximately $700. For more information, please see documentation regarding the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.