Our web team maintains the university website, www.gru.edu, the health system website, www.grhealth.org, and the university intranet PAWS, paws.gru.edu. We provide design and development expertise for GRU colleges, departments and administrative offices.
The Web Team also:
- Maintains, either in part or in whole, top-level university websites.
- Provides expertise with design and development of Web pages for GRU schools, departments and administrative offices.
- Performs research and analysis through usability testing, site reviews, Web traffic analysis and link trafficking.
- Explores new and changing Web-related technologies.
- Ensures user-friendly site architecture by providing consistent, intuitive navigational flow throughout the GRU website.
- Ensures accessibility compliance.
- Oversees and maintains Web-related policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Oversees the university’s social media presence and provides guidance and training for departments seeking to use social media.
- Markets and promotes the university through consistent branding, messaging and images on the GRU website.
- Provides resources and training for university web developers.
- The Web team provides training, support and tutorials for GRU web guidelines, OU Campus, social media, usability and accessibility.
Our new website will reflect the changing mission of our university as we move past the consolidation phase.
How will this help us
- Prospective students want to quickly and easily gain access to basic factual information, they want a sense of place & culture, and they want to be inspired
- Parents are interested in safety, cost, paying, ROI, etc. New site will give them this information quickly
- Current students, faculty & staff need access internally focused information
- Alumni want to stay connected and informed
- Prospective employees want to understand culture, benefits, opportunities, etc.
- Press & general public want to understand research, offerings and opportunities relevant to them
Provides faculty and staff with a centralized resource for tools, portal access, and news.
Providing workshops and training sessions to develop and maintain content in OU Campus.
Moving users into the GRU calendar system and integrating events' feeds into departmental sites.
Creating accessible, embeddable web forms for GRU departments to collect and analyze data.
Web publishers at Georgia Regents University are responsible for the content of pages they publish and are expected to abide by the highest standards of quality and responsibility. All publishers should comply with established institutional policies and Information Technology policies.