The mission of the Georgia Regents University Writing Center is to help students become better writers. By offering free peer consultations to guide students through the writing process, the staff empowers students to make well-informed decisions about their texts.
The GRU Writing Center supports student writers by providing them with one-on-one writing consultations. Our practice is governed by the following assumptions:
- Every student has a unique learning style and benefits from individualized writing instruction.
- Every student can sharpen his or her writing skills with hard work and practice.
- Good writing and communication skills are necessary for academic success, regardless of discipline.
After a single Writing Center session, Writing Center users will have...
- Learned one new skill.
Over time, regular Writing Center users will...
- Gain the ability to critique their own writing.
- Become more confident in their composition skills.
- Understand the value of drafting and revising.
The Writing Center staff will...
- Assist all students with their writing, regardless of their discipline.
- Promote the Center across campus to make students and faculty alike aware of our services.
- Provide a comfortable and safe place for students to discuss their writing.