Welcome from the Dean
Welcome to the Katherine Reese Pamplin College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences. Our college includes seven departments:
- English and Foreign Languages
- History, Anthropology & Philosophy
- Political Science
- Sociology, Criminal Justice and Social Work
Along with the College of Science and Mathematics, we form the heart of the liberal arts mission of Georgia Regents University and provide the majority of credits awarded at GRU.
Our college offers a variety of undergraduate majors leading to the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Fine Arts, and Associate of Arts degrees, as well as select graduate degrees and a range of minors. I encourage you to visit the pages for each of our departments and programs for more detailed descriptions of the many exciting opportunities that await you in our college.
Committed to excellence in teaching, advising, discovery, and creativity, all of our faculty members share a deep commitment to developing the intellectual potential of our students, from freshman year through graduate work. As part of that commitment, we offer many opportunities for intellectual exploration and growth, including undergraduate research, study abroad and away, internships, and community service and involvement. In our college, our faculty, students, and staff form a community dedicated to humane values, citizenship, and diversity.
The College also provides a grounding in the Humanities with its two-semester course in the academic core. Through preparation in the core curriculum and our majors, as well as capstone courses and projects, we offer our students the opportunity to prepare well for the global challenges facing us in the twenty-first century and the transferable skills they need for careers yet to be invented.
Welcome to a college full of excellence now and promise for a bright future.
Dr. Charles W. “Skip” Clark
- Dr. Michael Dugan has been named the Peter S. Knox III Distinguished Chair in Accounting at the Hull College of Business.
- A total facial rejuvenation that combines three procedures to address signs of an aging face and neck can be performed safely at one time.
- Georgia Regents University will present a summit focused on advances in cyber security and ways to promote cyber education Oct. 23 on campus.
Tweets by @PamplinGRU