GRU Career Services
Georgia Regents University
University Hall, 2nd Floor Suite 210
T 706-737-1604 | F 706-731-7097
On Campus Interviews and Presentations
On campus interviews can be scheduled by Career Services to assist in your recruitment needs. We have a conference room for available for interviews. Additional space may be allocated if the university facilities can accommodate the desired time frame...
A minimum of two weeks notice is encouraged to allow ample time to promote the employer's opening and secure a strong interviewing schedule.
It is suggested that employers use a resume search from GRU Career Services first to select candidates for on campus interviews. Once candidates from GRU are identified, Career Services can arrange the appointments or the employer can arrange them based on times that are mutually convenient for both parties.
Employers can register to have a table in a student traffic area during peak class times to promote current, specific employment opportunities. Reservations must be made with Career Services two weeks in advance of the designated day. The office will promote the booth location and time on their job postings website and distribute announcements to the campus.
Booths cannot be reserved for the first two weeks of class, due to high activity of on-campus programs and services. Booths are also not available in spring semester prior to the February campus job fair. This is for the sole purpose of focusing the students and our campus marketing for employer connections solely to this annual event.
A six-foot table and chair will be reserved and set up for your designated area via Career Services staff. To be fair to other employers' needs and campus agencies needing promotional space, an employer cannot recruit using the booth promotion service more than twice in one semester. While staffing a booth, employers are limited to promote their recruiting opportunities at their table only. No solicitation of products or services outside of a company's jobs available is allowed.
For positions offered that are commission only, base plus commission, or require start-up costs to the employee, there must be signage at the table clearly indicating this at all times. Sales positions must also have signage at the table that fully discloses the type of product the recruit will be selling. Failure to follow these policies will prevent the employer from future use of our services.
Employers wishing to secure an information table should review our policies and procedures for coordinating a visit.
Reserving a table through GRU Career Services to staff a booth in a student traffic area on campus is one of many ways to promote hiring opportunities with your organization to GRU students. There are certain procedures in place to protect the students on campus and their safety while pursuing their educational endeavors. Please refer to the policies below for how to make the most of your event within the guidelines of Augusta State University. Any infringement on these policies can result in restrictions on recruiting via Career Services, as well as removal of your organization via Public Safety and possible future ban from the campus.
- A 6 foot table with two chairs can be reserved for the purpose of recruiting for specific job openings with your organization and is to be coordinated with GRU Career Services as your sponsor. Please provide at least 1-2 weeks notice of your requests to come on site to allow the office ample time to secure space and promote your needs. The earlier, the better! You can obtain a parking pass in our office the day of your event.
- In fairness to all employers using our services and campus organizations also requesting booth space, employers cannot recruit on campus via a booth more than two times in one semester. Booths cannot be reserved for the first two weeks of class, due to high activity of on-campus programs and services. Booths are also not available in spring semester prior to the February campus job fair. This is for the sole purpose of focusing the students and our campus marketing for employer connections solely to this annual event.
- The office will promote the booth location and time on their job postings website and distribute announcements to the campus. When your visit is sponsored by Career Services , you can only use your table for the recruiting of specific hiring needs . No solicitation for goods or services will be allowed. Those infringing on this campus policy will be removed from the campus and any future recruiting conducted by your organization on this campus is at the discretion of Career Services and the University.
- Please do not "market" your opportunities outside of the confines of your table/recruiting area. Give-aways and displays to make your area attractive to students are always welcome. Students are encouraged to report anyone that approaches them outside of the booth area on campus to be removed by Public Safety. This includes wandering into other parts of the campus or the building you are in and addressing students without them seeking your table for information.
- Any company recruiting on campus that has a start-up cost, commission only or base+ commission component(s) as part of the job they are targeting GRU students for is required to post a sign at their campus booth clearly detailing these facts. Sales positions also must have signage at the table that fully discloses the type of product the recruit will be selling. Your sign must be approved by GRU Career Services and posted at your table at all times. Failure to adhere to these principles jeopardizes your organization's ability to recruit here.
- Outside organizations are not allowed to post flyers around campus for recruitment or direct sale purposes. This is monitored closely and unauthorized flyers are removed. For information on the campus posting policy, refer to the Office of Student Life and Engagement (706-737-1610).
Learn more +
A good place to begin with questions about advisement, academic supports and registration. The staff is dedicated to assisting students in understanding the core curriculum.
4 YEARS 4 U
Learn more +
There are a number of ways in which you need to prepare for your job search. From your resume development to your appearance, Career Services can offer you assistance.
Nothing really matters after all!