Georgia Regents University believes academically qualified individuals with disabilities should have equal opportunity and access to a quality education. We are actively involved in fostering an environment that encourages full participation by students with disabilities in every segment of the University.
The Office of Disability Services was established to help ensure an accessible and positive college experience for students with disabilities. Our Office provides a variety of services and accommodations to meet the needs of disability related concerns in accordance with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and Board of Regents' policies. Accommodations for students with disabilities are made on an Individual basis.
Testing Services plays an integral part in the facilitation of Georgia Regents University's commitment to the advancement of knowledge. Testing Services was established to provide a reliable, convenient, and accessible location for students, faculty, staff, and members of the surrounding communities with a variety of testing services:
- Administration of tests for career certifications.
- Administration of assessments necessary for admission into undergraduate and graduate education programs (e.g., TEAS, MAT).
- Test proctoring for students enrolled in online or distance education courses.
- CLEP and DSST exams for college credit.
Special accommodations such as braille and large print of all Georgia Regents University’s printed documents are available upon request. Contact Disability Services at 706-737-1469 with your request.
- The GRU Lyceum Series brings artistry, creativity and a whole lot of history to the Maxwell Theatre, with four shows that are guaranteed to please.
- The GRU Libraries are one of 203 recipients of the competitive "Latino Americans: 500 Years of History" grant selected from across the country.
- One exceptional student has dedicated himself to a strain of research that is as intriguing as it is unbelievable, the minds of superheroes.